Delivering a Smarter Grid Choice
At SAIC, we view the smart grid as a transformed and integrated electrical transmission and distribution network that integrates robust two-way communications, advanced sensing technology, and distributed computing technology to improve the efficiency and reliability of power delivery and use. Because of its scale and complexity, evolution to the smart grid requires careful planning and the active collaboration of utilities, technology suppliers, investors, and end users. SAIC guides practical smart grid technology deployments - every step of the way. We were among the first to champion the integrated application of advanced transmission and distribution technologies for a modernized grid. Our deep bench of expertise helps utilities efficiently think, build, and operate the smart grid.
Comprehensive Smart Grid Services
Our smart grid services include:
- Advanced metering - Leading utilities are using advanced metering infrastructures (AMIs) to improve all aspects of their business, from resource supply to customer service. SAIC provides utility customers with strategic AMI solutions to help achieve the best business results - not just for the short term, but for the life of the utility.
- Energy management - SAIC develops and implements energy programs to benefit our customers' financial performance, competitive advantage, and market reputations. Our programs help unlock new value in enterprises by integrating sustainability into business planning and operations.
- Smart grid as a service - SAIC's Smart Grid as a Service (SGS) offers affordable solutions available now to all utilities for every stage of smart grid deployment while advancing a smart grid initiative of tomorrow.
- Smart grid infrastructure - For more than three decades, SAIC has helped some of the world's largest private and public energy companies improve service, efficiency, and business continuity with our energy infrastructure services.
- Smart grid security - SAIC helps enable clients to design and implement the smart grid with confidence through a comprehensive and secure transformation of information technology and communications infrastructure.
- Technology and implementation - At SAIC, we combine industry knowledge and performance across a comprehensive portfolio to provide a reliable, one-stop resource for smart grid technology and implementation needs.
- Transmission and distribution - The consistent and efficient delivery of power depends on a stable grid and a reliable electric system infrastructure. SAIC's engineers and technical experts guide customers in balancing today's challenges with opportunities to develop smarter, more efficient energy solutions.